You can apply for Ph.D. studies in Computer Science if
- you hold a Master's degree in computer science of the University of St.Gallen.
- you hold a recognised Master’s degree in computer science of another university.
- you hold a recognised Master’s degree in a subject area related to computer science of another university.
A minimum average grade of 5.00 (not rounded) is generally required. This is equivalent to a minimum average grade of 2.00 (not rounded) in Germany and Austria. If your grade average is below 5.00, your supervisor must submit a reasoned application to the DCS Programme Committee. For more information about how we calculate grades, please consult our grade conversion table.
Depending on your previous university degree, additional programme-specific requirements may be imposed upon admission.
Your degree programme will be recognised if the following criteria are fulfilled:
- Your degree was awarded by a university, which is recognised in the country where you attended the course.
- You have completed all course work at a recognised or accredited university.
- You have completed at least half of the course work onsite at the university awarding the degree.
- You fulfil the minimum requirements for unconditional admission to Ph.D. studies at your home university.
More information on the recognition of universities and university degrees.
We are happy to give you non-binding pre-clarification whether your previous education entitles you to apply for a Ph.D. programme. Therefore, please send scanned copies of all your grade transcripts and certificates together with a short CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org